- Leverage internal and external technology capabilities to develop products with plant protein attributes that match or exceed consumer needs and provide a significant competitive advantage.
- Utilize core research capabilities and know-how to develop new products and improve existing products with plant protein attributes.
- Champion ideas for technology improvements and cost savings that align with the strategic fit of projects.
- Support R&D team in attaining short-term and long-term development goals. Adapt to evolving scientific priorities.
- Develop product prototypes on the bench, conduct pilot and commercial scale trials, establish data and make a technical case for product feasibility.
- Maintain high level of awareness of technical trends and developments in the food and CPGindustries. Leads plant protein applications research of new technology.
- Build cross-functional support when appropriate and develop project plans to drive development and implementation.
- Continuously search for and vet advanced technologies that compliment areas of strategic focus, primarily in the plant-based space.
- Provide written and verbal reports of research activities. Participate in R&D and larger company meetings.
- Collaborate directly with internal business peers and cross functional teams at a high level.
- Cultivate and foster relationships with external partners and resources.
- Preserve all forms of intellectual and material property generated from the above activities, including writing patents, writing protocols for novel processes.
- Effectively communicates complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences within the business organization.
- Maintains excellent understanding and application of experimental design, performance specs, and the various technical tools used in product development.
- Bachelors in Food Science, Meat Science, Engineering, Chemistry or related field with minimum 3 years relevant work experience in food industry.
- Masters / PhD in Food Science, Meat Science, Engineering, Chemistry with relevant work experience in food industry is a plus.
- Experience in product development or related field at a food company required.
- Established external network in the plant-based ecosystem.
- Exhibits leadership and demonstrated ability to influence technical and business partners.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of business principles.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- Good understanding of food industry standards of quality and food safety, and FDA regulations.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, paternal leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one ofNorth America'sleading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that's passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye,Marie Callender's, Banquet, Healthy Choice, Slim Jim, Reddi-wip, and Vlasic, and emerging brands, including Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP, Duke's, Earth Balance, Gardein, and Frontera.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.