Currently recruiting a Dental Assistant in Oak Harbor, Washington to provide dental care to active duty military members and their families at the to work at the Naval Health Clinic Oak Harbor. 40 hrs per week, Mon - Fri, between 6: 30AM - 4: 30PM. The Dental Assistant will receive 17 days of paid vacation, 10 federal holidays, and full benefits.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE DENTAL ASSISTANT:
DUTIES OF THE DENTAL ASSISTANT:
- Must possess at least one of the following:
- Certificate or Associate Degree as a dental assistant/technician from a state accredited program and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
- Certification from a military dental technician or dental assistant " A" school and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
- Certification from a Red Cross Dental Assistant course and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
- Certification from a Military Red Cross Dental Assistant course within the preceding 6 months.
- 36 months experience within the preceding 60 months as a dental assistant in a private practice or a military clinic.
- Membership in good standing with the American Association of Dental Assistants with required continuing education and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
- Graduation from a state accredited program for dental assistants or dental technology within the preceding 12 months.
- Experience: Six months of experience as a Dental Assistant after graduation.
- Provide two letters of recommendation, from either practicing dentists or faculty members where the dental assistant received his/her dental assistant training. Letters must have been written within the preceding three years.
- Possess certification or permit for use of dental X-ray equipment. Completion of a military dental technician or dental assistant " A" school will fulfill this requirement. Similarly, Dental Assistant program transcripts documenting dental X-ray training will also suffice
- Each healthcare worker shall possess and maintain current certification in either the American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Course.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer systems).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS OF THE DENTAL ASSISTANT:
- Provide for the examination, treatment, and disposition of patients compatible with the Dental Treatment Facility' s operating capacity and equipment;
- Become familiar with and follow standardized (Navy) concepts of Phased Dentistry and Managed Care.
- Be responsible for a full range of dental assisting procedures in support of Dental Officer examinations and delivery of treatment under the " four handed dentistry" format within the personnel and equipment capabilities and limitations of the Dental Treatment Facility. The Dental Assistant shall aid in the provision of mandated dental surveillance and preventive services and assist in ensuring the quality and timeliness of treatment records and reports required to document procedures performed and care provided.
- Workload occurs as a result of scheduled and unscheduled requirements for care. The Dental Assistant' s actual clinical performance will be a function of the overall demand for dental assisting services.
- Provide oral prophylaxis, preventive dentistry procedures and non-surgical periodontal therapy to active duty military personnel.
- Maintain patient records in accordance with Joint Commission and Dental Treatment Facility (DTF) requirements.
- Select and arrange instruments and prepare set-ups for patient treatment, assist during patient examination and treatment and administration of anesthesia. Assist in placement and removal of sutures.
- Prepare restorative and impression materials.
- Dispose of contaminated waste in accordance with the standard procedures of the DTF.
- Place digital film sensors, expose digital radiographs and execute computer processing of the digital x-ray image. Expose bitewing, periapical, panoramic, and occlusal film utilizing bisecting angle or paralleling radiographic techniques.
- Instruct on basic oral hygiene care.
- Maintain operatory to meet the clinic' s cleanliness and infection control standards.
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
- Competitive starting salary
- 17 days paid vacation per year!
- 10 paid Federal holidays per year
- Health & Welfare benefit contributes toward health insurance and short- and long-term disability
- Dental & Vision plans, 401(K)
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.